November 26, 2008

From the Hollywood Golden Ages

Have you seen these?

I rewatched His Girl Friday and My Man Godfrey yesterday, on a proper theater screen. Pretty spectacular.

Golden Age I:
My Man Godfrey (1936) - directed by Gregory La Cava








His Girl Friday (1940) - directed by Howard Hawks

Cary Grant is even better than he's supposed to be.






Golden Age 2:
Scarecrow (1973) - directed by Jerry Schatzberg

The best Pacino or Hackman movie you've never seen.



California Split (1974) - directed by Robert Altman

My favourite Altman film. Read about it.

2 comments:

forrest said...

I am checking today to see if the library has any of these.

Matthew A. Wilkinson said...

cool. yeah. Libraries are the best. And libraries with good video selections are better than the best. bestest.