October 8, 2011

The Clean, 'Boodle Boodle Boodle' EP

Dunedin, New Zealand, 1981. The Clean.

Boodle Boodle Boodle was their first release, and it's the only one I enjoy all the way through.

Their single, Tally Ho!, also from 1981, is a lot of fun too.

The first time I heard 'Point That Thing Somewhere Else,' it was the middle of the night and I was waist-deep in recently downloaded late-70s/early-80s skinny white kid guitar rock. I was trying to introduce myself to that whole world. Most of the bands were really awful. But when that song came on I just closed my eyes and surrendered. It's a minute longer than it needs to be, but whatever. Pop songs from after 1970 are usually too long (my theory is: after 3 minutes or so you've got to really work to justify why you're going on so long).

Purchase The Clean merchandiseproductitemstuffthingsandwhatnot at flying nun records.

No comments: