September 17, 2009

Where In the World is Sinnersbleeders?

Typing quickly:

I thought I had internet.  But I don't.  Yet.  Except at cafes on my girlfriend's laptop.

I'm going to have some catching up to do when I return.

I'm beginning work, in earnest, on my new album.  I'm thinking about creating a character and then making the album as that character.  Sortof like Bowie did with Ziggy Stardust.

I love you guys, but I can't communicate with you.  Yet.

30 days offline has been wonderful, but it feels "off" to not be conversing with all of you.

Last night a friend told me stories of climbing mountains to visit ancient ruins in Turkey which archeologists haven't gotten around to examining yet.  Nearby villagers decorate their homes with 600 year old swords from the nearby ruins.

Talk to you all soon, I hope.

3 comments:

Jon Coutts said...

I've been in a cone of internet silence (at home) as well. You are right, it is kind of nice. But it will be good to be back, even if not in full force like before. Must retain some of the goodness of that internet freedom.... even while regaining some of that internet "community"!

Look forward to your return.

Boyda said...

I think that your silence has permitted my own silence on my blog - which has, I agree, been pretty liberating. I've also deactivated my facebook account, and it makes me feel a bit like I've traveled 5 years back in time.

Anyway, I definitely miss your blogs, a lot. Glad you're enjoying yourself though.

600 yr old warlike interior decorations. Awesome.

s$s said...

Thanks guys.

It's hard to talk about online community without immediately smiling and/or assuring the people you're talking to that you understand it's not quite the same thing as "real" community. But I dunno. I have friends online, and that just is what it is, and I love them/you.

I waste a lot of time online just browsing around. I haven't missed that. But I have missed 4 weeks away from my friends.

Boyda, you're off facebook? Wow.