August 30, 2008

Favourite Songs That Look Backwards

'Abilene'

by Damien Jurado
from the album Where Shall You Take Me?

'Everything Means Nothing To Me'
by Elliott Smith
from the album Figure Eight

'One More Cup of Coffee'
by Bob Dylan
from the album Desire

'I See A Darkness'
by Johnny Cash
from the album American III: Solitary Man

'The Ghost of Tom Joad'
by Bruce Springsteen
from the album The Ghost of Tom Joad

'Running to Standstill'
by U2
from the album Joshua Tree

'My Sweet Carolina'

by Ryan Adams
from the album Heartbreaker

'Wise Up'

by Aimee Mann
from the soundtrack to Magnolia

'Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You'

by Led Zeppelin
from the album I

'Tranquillisimo'

by the composer Henryk Gorecki
from Symphony of Sorrowful Songs

--------------------------------
The narcissism of blogging is getting to me.

2 comments:

Jon Coutts said...

interesting pair of lists here. i wish i was privy to a commentary from you on why each of these songs is here. but i guess i need to listen for it myself. i definitely get "wise up" . . .

s$s said...

A commentary would be fun to do. I'll probably end up doing stuff like that in the future.

Yes, Wise Up. Mmmhmmm.